First Aid at Work
Who is the qualification aimed at?
First Aid at Work Level 3 qualification (FAW) is ideal for most businesses whose risk assessment has identified that they require a fully trained first aider for their workplace. All courses are delivered, evaluated and quality assured to meet the new guidelines set out by the HSE in October 2013 and meets the requirements of the First Aid at Work (First Aid) regulations 1981.
This course is run over 3 days with a minimum of 18 hours contact time. Once qualified, the certificate is valid for 3 years. The FAW course is 100% classroom-based and cannot be delivered via online or blended training to comply with the HSE requirements. Candidates completing our FAW courses receive access to our video library for refreshing skills and reference
What can you expect to learn?
Unit 1: Emergency First Aid in the workplace
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to assess an incident
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- How to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- Manage a casualty with a minor injury
Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
First Aid Trainer
Mike is a highly skilled paramedic with over 30 years experience in Pre-Hospital Emergency Care. He delivers high-quality First Aid courses for the NHS, local authorities and the private sector.
Having first-hand knowledge and dealing with real emergencies, enables Mike to relate real life scenarios through his training. Holding a number of teaching qualifications, Mike uses a variety of learning methodologies and teaching styles. The courses are a combination of theoretical and practical sessions and candidates leave feeling empowered, confident and with the ability to deliver First Aid care.
Mike is happy to deliver at your business premises or if you choose, at a local training centre.